Title: Earl Hall, Columbia University, night
Dimensions: Image: 9 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (24.1 x 19.1 cm)
Bequest of William P. Chapman, Jr., Class of 1895
Earl Hall is Columbia University's religious and community service headquarters. Dedicated in 1902, it is one of the oldest buildings on campus. Karl Struss studied under Clarence White at Teacher's College, Columbia, for four years, starting in 1908. In 1912 he had a one-man show of his New York City photographs at Columbia and was a member of the Photo-Secession until 1917. In 1919 Struss went to Hollywood where he had a long career in photography and cinematography.
NOTE: This electronic record is compiled from historic documentation which may not reflect the Johnson Museum's complete or current knowledge of the object. Review and refinement of such records is ongoing.